Look serious, but make it fashion







Snippets of our conversation went a little like this:

*Puts arms through wrong holes* "How do I wear this?" 

In alleyway: "I think someone's watching me get changed"

In abandoned shed: "Now I think I'm getting changed in a drug den"

"THE LIGHTING IS SO NICE HERE"

"Does this look really weird?"

"Okay, look serious"

"Can I take a look?"

"Let's try one without smiling"

"LeT mE GrAb mY liP baLm" 

"Make your hair messy again"

"Do I look artsy?"

"Make it mEsSieR"

"LOOK HOW GOOD THE LIGHTING IS"

"Okay, but try look serious again"


Look serious, but make it fashion.











MAGGIE WEARS:
Top & Pants || Lagom Studio // Shoes || Rivers (thrifted)
Shot and edited by Miia Mata

A few weeks back on a cold and wet Thursday, I met up with Miia for the second time. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, she's a ray of sunshine hailing Finland. 

Here's a quick interval where I'll let you stalk her for a bit. Here's her Instagram, portfolio and Youtube. Done? Let's carry on. 

We ventured into Fitzroy and shot these photos for her collaboration with Lagom Studio. What entailed was a whole lot of "How do I put this on?" and a whole lot of fun. There's a part two coming with more looks we shot so get pumped. We grabbed a coffee afterwards (a chai for myself, of course) and chatted and chatted. 

It's funny how this Instagram thing works, hey? With the fear of internet strangers drilled into us from a young age (stranger danger and what not... rightfully so perhaps), the idea of meeting up with people from social platforms is so foreign to many people. But while social media has its downfalls which we are all very aware of, there are so many positives to come out of it. One being the people you can meet. Think about it; the community of Instagrammers you've picked to follow all have something in common with you – maybe you like the same coffees, have a similar style, are studying the same degree, have the same sense of humour or share the same values.

We're all not that different from one another and that's why I consider you guys my friends. (That came off kind of sad/lonely/cheesy, take your pick.) But what I'm trying to say is that I'm eternally grateful for each and every one of you. 

But don't forget to chuck me a follow on Instagram, eh? 

I'm joooking.

Talk soon,
Maggie xx

2 comments

© The Misfitted

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig